Applications for admission by an overseas student or an intending overseas student must be made using the Application for enrolment – international students. Students must complete the Application for enrolment and send the completed application to Imperial along with all supporting documents. Completed Application for enrolment is processed by Imperial and the application assessed against the selection criteria of the course and information provided in the application. The participants for each course offered by Imperial will be selected in a manner that reflects access and equity principles. Completion of the Application for enrolment does not imply that Imperial will make an offer to the student.
English Language Requirements
All international students should be able to meet the English requirements as required under the assessment level and country of passport of the student by Department of Home Affairs. Further information is available on www.homeaffairs.gov.au
Imperial accepts the scores from International English Language Test Score (IELTS), PTE Academic English or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) as below:
IELTS (Academic Module)
Overall band score of 5.5
TOEFL (Internet based)
PTE Academic English
Assessing Australian equivalency of academic qualification(s)
Overseas academic qualifications presented to Imperial for admission by and international student are assessed for equivalency as per the below table:
|Bangladesh||Completion of Higher School Certificate with a grade average of 50%|
|China||Successful completion of Senior Middle 3 with a B grade or 75% average in 4 academic units|
|Fiji||Successful completion of Form 7 with a B in English and Maths and a pass in all other units, with an overall score of 240|
|India||Completion of the All India Senior School Certificate or State Board|
|Indonesia||Completion of SMU III with an average grade of 7.0 in 4 academic units|
|Nepal||Completion of Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (Year 12) with a grade average of 50%|
|Pakistan||Completion of Higher Secondary School Certificate (Year 12) with a grade average of 50%|
|South Africa||Successful completion of Year 12|
|Sri Lanka||2 passes in GCE A-levels or equivalent|
|Thailand||Successful completion of Matayom 6 with a GPA of 2.0|
|Turkey||Successful completion of Lise Diplomasi with GPA of 3.0|
|Uganda||2 passes in GCE A-levels|
|Vietnam||Successful completion of Year 12 with a 6.0 GPA|
This is not an exhaustive list, admission officer must contact the CEO if the applicant has presented educational documents from countries not listed in above table before accepting the student into Imperial courses
Admission Officer will follow the following step by step process once completed application along with all supporting documents are received either from the applicant directly or from his/her education agent:
- All the required information is completed on the application form including signature of applicant and date, including section on USI and VEVO check.
- Assesses the applicant’s previous educational qualification(s) (either obtained in Australia or overseas) necessary for studying at the required level of the proposed qualification.
- The applicant is also assessed to determine whether they meet the required entry level qualification(s) for the particular qualification in which they wants to enroll.
- If the applicant’s educational qualification(s) do not meet Imperial’s admission requirements, other factors may be considered at the discretion of Imperial and in accordance with entry requirements of course(s) as per the training package. These other factors may include:
- Mature age,
- Work experience,
- Attitude and aptitude,
- Previous course results,
- Attendance rate in the previous college,
- Ability and skills to function in an course environment,
- Possibility to succeed in his/her course endeavours.
- Applicant’ s English language skills will be assessed. If student has a satisfactory score in IELTS, TOEFL or PTE Academic, the applicant will be admitted to his/her chosen course. Refer to the Policy on Assessing English Language Proficiency (International Students)
- If an applicant cannot produce evidence of a satisfactory English score, and there are doubts in their English language skills being sufficient to cope in an academic environment, the applicant will be required to sit an English test (at the student’s expense) or to enrol in an English (ELICOS) course for an appropriate duration until the applicant achieves the required English score.
- In a situation where the student can demonstrate that he or she can communicate in English but cannot produce any formal English qualification as described above, then the student will be required to complete an English language test.
- Details of the student entered into the student management system.
- Applicant and/or the education will be sent an offer letter by the admission’s officer generated from student management system
Applicants wishing to accept the offer must pay the fee requested in the letter of offer. Once the fee is received by Imperial along with signed student agreement, the admission officer will:
- Ensure the student agreement is duly signed and dated by the applicant
- an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) is generated from PRISMS and sent to the Student/education agent to facilitate the issuing of a student visa. Applicants must then apply for a student visa at their Australian Student Visa processing centre and make travel arrangements to Australia only once the student visa is granted.
- Soft copy of the eCOE is saved on Imperial drive and student management system updated
- Administration Manager will do an internal audit on an ongoing basis for the applications finalised during the week to ensure all applications have required supporting documents and the application form and student agreements are duly signed and dated.
- Any discrepancies found during the process will be immediately rectified by the Admissions officer